Wednesday 20 July 2011

When only the basic will do

Don't get me wrong, I do love spending quality time cooking up a feast for dinner but on a drizzly Tuesday, after a long day at work, sometimes only the most basic and comforting meal will do. This Tuesday was exactly one of those occasions and the only thing my grumbling stomach desired was a good old spag bol! This was a basic and quick spag bol in all senses; I couldn't be bothered to buy or chop any other veg other than onions; I didn't have the patience to wait for red wine to reduce and I didn't have time for it to simmer properly as the first episode of The Hour was starting in 20 minutes on BBC 2. Despite the lack of time and care my speedy spag bol was just right (helped along with a good few splashes of Lea & Perrins and a generous sprinkling of parmesan) and made for the perfect evening sat in front of the TV. Truly delightful! 
Nx
Even my picture's lazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment