Friday 29 July 2011

Paella Monday

It's one of my aims to try every independent restaurant that line the village-like Church Street in Stoke Newington - all quaint and sweet with an air of character that chains will never be able to recreate. One of my recent visits was to the very cute Blue Legume (http://www.thebluelegume.co.uk/), which is always bustling with people munching their way through mountains of mourish looking food. Having been delighted with a substantial Tricolore salad (and very reasonable too) and my mum's mountainess salad nicoise, I was ecstatic to find out they did a classic (and vegetarian) paella for 2 people for the bargain price of £12.95. So this week me and the boy tucked into a delectably juicy paella served in the traditional pan. I could not fault it - super chunks of chorizo and chicken, tender squid and calamari and saffron coated rice. I'd even say it was better than a paella I had in Barcelona and a definite step up from my recent homemade attempt when I had to substitute rice for broken up spaghetti - nuff said!


p.s. Their breakfast menu looks amazing too! 
Blue Legume's Paella




















My (spaghetti) Paella

No comments:

Post a Comment