Wednesday 13 July 2011

Breakfast of champions...or so I thought

Breakfast for me is not only the most important meal of the day but one of my favourites! I actually go to bed excited about the prospect of eating berries and apples swimming in a pool of honey flavoured porridge! Sad I know! I was even more excited than usual last night as my colleagues and I decided to treat ourselves to a delectable breakfast at the tucked away J+A Cafe in Clerkenwell. I decided upon the mouth-watering inducing mountain of sweet pancakes as the perfect start to a Wednesday. Unfortunately, I was rather disappointed when my mountain turned out to be a diminutive mound of minuscule pancakes. There was however a mountain of cream that didn't appeal as cream isn't the first thing I wish to eat in the morning, or almost never in fact! That said, I have to say the pancakes were rather tasty and delightfully fluffy, and the accompanying syrup was delicately sweet.

Don't let this put you off though, J+A is a lovely cafe that serves beautiful cakes, seasonal dishes and amazing cheese sandwiches with perfectly tart apple chutney.



Please note that these were not my pancakes! These are the type of pancakes I was hoping for!


Nicole x


p.s. Breakfast Tip - If you love peanut butter and you love porridge try adding a teaspoon of peanut butter to the mix plus a squeeze of honey and a scattering of diced apple. A pinch of cinnamon would be nice too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment