Wednesday 24 August 2011

Not so sweet (and sour)

Most people's eating habits change as they get older; taste buds develop and you're probably a little more aware of what you're eating. That said, I sometimes like travelling back down memory lane to sample the 'delights' of my childhood, tucking into the comfort food that reminds me of the 'good old days', and when having a healthy diet was not on the top of my agenda. However, my recent 'trip' did not whip up that sense of nostalgia I was hoping for when I decided that it would be a great idea to have Uncle Ben's Sweet & Sour chicken. I was immensely looking forward to tucking into the sticky orange sauce and tender chicken (with a side of plain rice, of course) but my excitement soon turned into 'what the hell was I thinking' as attempted to eat it. The sauce was of course unnaturally sweet and rather sickly, and the limp peppers floaty around confirmed to me that vegetables are most definitely not at their best when they've been stuck in a jar for a considerable amount of time.


As you can see by the picture below, I should have known it was not going to go down well. 


Nx

1 comment: