Tuesday 2 August 2011

From TV cook to reality

Despite watching countless cooking shows, even repeats, I very rarely cook the recipes I "ooh" and "ahh" over and say "I'll definitely try that soon!". However, I recently broke my habit and tried not one but TWO TV recipes. For main, I was inspired by my new favourite TV chef Simon Hopkinson's Tandoori Chicken. Not only was the recipe delightfully simple and summery, I loved the vibrant orange of the marinade and it satisfied my boyfriend meat cravings! The only challenge was attempting to chop off the ends of the chicken legs that he demonstrated with ease for two reasons: 1. I do not own super sharp meat knives 2. I felt slightly queasy at the sound of crunching bones. That said, I was ecstatic with the end result and it tasted exactly as it should! I even made the cooling mint and chilli dip and sambles for the side. If you fancy trying it, check out the recipe here - http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/homemade_tandoori_63396




For desert, I turned to Nigella, the Domestic Goddess herself and her EGG-FREE chocolate mousse! Egg-free you say? Why yes, because you use marshmallows instead! I loved this as it appealed to my child-like nature for soft and squidy pastel sweets and it sets almost immediately! Plus, its good for pregnant ladies (not that I know any) and those with an egg intolerance (I do know one of those). It was lovely, rich and velvety and I topped it off with some raspberry's to cut through the sweetness! 




All in all it was scrumptious! 


Nx

No comments:

Post a Comment